The timing of this post is interesting. It’s been scheduled since the beginning of last September, but now with the recent Covid-19 scare more and more travelers are concerned about staying healthy on vacation. Here are some tips to help you do just that:
– Wear your mask: It is important to wear your mask to prevent a person who is sick from spreading the virus to others. It help to keep respiratory droplets contained and from reaching other people.
– Wash your hands: This is a common tip regardless of where you are in the world. Washing your hands regularly will help you kill bacteria. Do yourself a favor and avoid touching your face or mouth even if you are able to wash your hands as you don’t want to ingest bacteria by accident. Don’t eat with your hands, use utensils (the exception to this being you are in a restaurant where everyone eats with their hands).
– Stay hydrated and get plenty of sleep: These simple actions can boost your immunity and recharge your body’s batteries. Lots of water will also help to flush any toxins you may have ingested in your travels. Depending on the country you are visiting, you may want to be sure you are drinking bottled water or at least water that has been treated with purification tablets.
– Consider a multivitamin, eat right and consume limited amounts alcohol. A multivitamin and eating right can boost energy and immunity. Eating a bunch of junk and/or drinking too much can make you sick with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea- all of which can deteriorate your body’s immunity and make you susceptible to further illness.
– Lastly, avoid areas known for infection. Did you know that the United States Centers for Disease Control and Preventionputs out regular reports letting travelers know which areas are dealing with infections and what infections are in those areas? Just visit their website and go to the section for travelers, click the country you are visiting and it will pull up what infections are plaguing that spot and what types of vaccines you might want to consider before visiting.
What is your favorite tip for staying healthy on vacation? Let us know in the comments below!